Things to do before going on holiday
Getting ready to go on holiday can be a very stressful experience, especially if you are going overseas. There are many things that you need to do and arrange before you can leave your home and get to all that rest, relaxation and adventure. Never fear, with this to do list in your back pocket; the stress of preparing for a holiday will just melt away.
1) Make sure that all your medical requirements are up to date: If you have read any of my previous articles you should be quite familiar with this tip. It is important, especially when traveling to Africa, to consult a doctor about what preventative measures you need to take. Malaria is a serious threat, with the mosquito being the animal that causes the most deaths in Africa. Along with this it is always important to organise your travel insurance well before you leave. Travel insurance is a must have if you are planning to leave your home country.
2) Make sure that you have all your travel documentation packed and in order. Travel documentation, while a small part of your holiday, is able to make or break your travel experience. These small pieces of paper are well needed and vitally important to remember. Always keep the originals with you as well as a copy. This will aid in you moving freely between the countries.
3) Make sure you know where your country’s embassy is. The embassy to your country is your best link to home when you are traveling abroad, here at South Africa 4×4 Accommodation we encourage you to look up your home embassy and have some idea of the general area in which it is.
4) Take Care of “Stop” Orders and Advance Payments: Once your trip is booked, make sure that the world does not fall apart while you are away. The best way to do this is through stop orders and advanced payments. If you want particular services to continue (such as housekeeping), consider paying in advance if this is not your usual arrangement. Many service providers will be happy to accept advanced payment for services. As many stop orders require one or two business days’ advance notice, make sure you take care of this at least three days before you travel.
5) Arrange for pet or house sitting as needed: In today’s society it is common for people to have pets that need tending when their loving owners are away on holiday. It is important to keep a few things in mind when arranging for pet sitting, such as any occasion that might be the cause for fire works and how your pets react to these things.
6) Leave a copy of any important travel documents with someone you trust: while it is important to have all your documentation with you people often underestimate the value of having a third party who has access to these important documents. This can make your life a whole lot easier in the cases of lost or stolen documentation. Always remember that a stress free trip is a happy trip. It never hurts to have a back-up plan in place.
For 4×4 vehicle rentals contact South Africa 4×4 Rentals for your fully equipped Safari adventure 4×4. We have a variety of 4×4 vehicles to choose from for your perfect 4×4 trip.
We at South Africa 4×4 Rentals and South Africa 4×4 Accommodation are more than willing to answer any questions about traveling to South Africa. Please feel free to contact us.